04 March 2013

Getting my finger out in the shower


I have about fifty topics stewing in my to-do section (Drafts) of Scrivener. Some of them were started so long ago that I’ve forgotten what I was going to say, and why I was going to say it. Others are no more than a few keywords and a collection of links; they were topical once, but no so now, and I don’t know whether it’s worth the effort to complete them.

I do have some that are more or less finished; yet I’m uncertain whether they properly reflect what I mean, whether you will understand what I’m trying to say. And so they sit there while I ponder. It might be better if I tried to rewrite them, but then I’d be unhappy about the sunk costs.

Some of them have complicated mind maps connected to them; more a collection of random thoughts than something which is thought through. I’d excuse myself by saying that I have these random thoughts in the shower where I can’t write them down. And by the time I’m ready to write, I’ve forgotten the half of it. Getting my finger out in the shower is an art I haven’t perfected.

I’ll try to complete some things in the next days and weeks. In the meanwhile, this is the sort of thing that I’m faced with:

 

(Click to enlarge.)



No comments:

Post a Comment